Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 red chilli, halved
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce or sweet chilli sauce according to your taste
- 1.5 litres good chicken stock
- 200g dried rice noodles
- 400g cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 4 stalks celery, halved lengthways and cut into bit size lengths
- 6 baby pak choi
- Mint leaves and sliced red chilli to garnish
What to do:
Put the ginger, red chilli, soy sauce and chilli sauce in a pan with the stock and bring to the boil. Add the rice noodles and simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove the ginger and chilli and add the chicken, celery and pak choi.
Simmer until the celery and pak choi are just tender and the noodles are cooked.
You may need to adjust the cooking time according to the type of noodles you are using, use the pack instructions as a guide.
Garnish with sliced red chilli and mint leaves.