Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g tin cooked green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- 2 eggs, hardboiled to your liking, peeled and halved
- 100g goats’ cheese
- 30g roasted salted almonds, roughly chopped
- Small handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
What to do:
Heat 1tbsp olive oil in deep frying pan or casserole, add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic and cook until softened. Turn off the heat, add the lentils, stir through and set to one side.
Make a dressing by shaking together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, honey and seasoning in a jar and then add the dressing to the warm pan and stir through.
Divide the mixture between two bowls, top with two halves of egg, some crumbled goats’ cheese, almonds and chopped parsley and serve.