Tantalise the taste buds with this delicious summer salad that makes the most of some of the best Great British veg – crisp celery, peppery radishes and earthy beetroot.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
for the horseradish cream dressing
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp horseradish sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- small bunch chives, snipped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
for the salad
- 3 generous handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packs traditional cooked beetroot, sliced
- a bunch of radishes, sliced finely
- ½ head of celery, sliced finely
- a small bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 smoked trout fillets
What to do
Make the horseradish cream dressing by mixing everything in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
Toss the salad leaves in a little extra virgin olive oil and divide between four dishes. Scatter over the beetroot, radishes, celery and spring onions. Finally, top each with a trout fillet and a generous dollop of horseradish dressing. Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 310 | Sugar 14.5g | Fat 16.1g | Saturates 5.7g | Salt 2.8g