Team up butterbeans and beetroot in this seriously tasty dip that’s perfect served with crunchy crudites like celery, carrots and cucumber.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: none
for the dip
- 250g cooked beetroot dipped in vinegar (not pickled)
- 1 tin butterbeans (410g), drained & rinsed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- small bunch fresh chives, finely chopped (reserve a few for garnish)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- plenty of celery stalks, chopped into small batons
- ½ cucumber chopped into small batons
- 2 medium carrots, chopped into small batons
What to do
Chop the beetroot into small dice, set aside in a medium bowl.
In a food processor blitz the butterbeans with the garlic, chives and olive oil. Season to taste with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
Transfer into the bowl with the beetroot and gently fold through to mix. Spoon into a serving bowl, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and garnish with a few snipped chives.
Serve as a dip with pitta crisps, or part of a salad lunch spread.